We are happy to announce our trail running race being held for the 9th time. The “CORFU MOUNTAIN TRAIL 2020” will take place on the weekend 2th-3th of May, 2020 with the opening of the tourist season .
The course of the “Corfu Mountain Trail Ultra” (110 km) starts from the village of Ipsos, through the village of Spartyllas reaches the highest mountain top of Corfu in the mountain Pantokratoras, passes through all the traditional villages of the North of Corfu, Palia Peritheia, Petaleia, Peritheia, Klimatia, Lakones, Palaiokastritsa, descends and passes through all the beaches of the Western coastline of the island, Liapades, Myrtiotissa, Glyfada, Kontogialo on trails with stunning views seeing the Adriatic sea, continues through the village of Varipatades, Kouramades, Kastellani, Kynopiastes and Agii Deka.
From there, connects to the Rain Trail (40km) and runs together with it through the village of Stroggili and ends at the the village of Moraitika and finishes in the MESSOGHI BEACH HOLIDAY RESORT, who is our big sponsor in 2020 again.
There are four courses to choose from:
- Quick Trail 10 km
- Olive Tree Trail 20 km, 1200D+
- Rain Trail 40 km, 2200+
- Corfu Mountain Trail Ultra 110 km, 5000D+
For the registration for the Corfu Mountain Trail Ultra at least one 40 km trail race has to be completed in the last 2 years within 8 hours.
The course has been certified by I-TRA and gives 2 points for the UTMB finishing the Rain trail (40 km) and 5 points for finishing the Corfu Mountain Trail Ultra.
- Corfu Mountain Trail Ultra 110 km: 70€
- Rain Trail 40 km: 30€
- Olive Tree Trail 20 km: 20€
- Quick Trail 10 km: 10€
Athletes taking part in Saturday’s routes have the right to get free bib number (participation) in Sunday’s races.
TIME LIMITS :
- Corfu Mountain Trail Ultra 110 km – 28 hours
- Rain Trail 40 km – 10 hours
- Olive Tree Trail 20 km – 5 hours
- Quick Trail 10 km – 3 hours
- Corfu Mountain Trail Ultra 110 km: Saturday 2/5/2020 06:00 from Ipsos
- Rain Trail 40 km: Saturday 2/5/2020 16:00 from Messonghi
- Olive Tree Trail 20 km: Sunday 3/5/2020 09:30 from Messonghi
- Quick Trail 10 km: Sunday 3/5/2020 09:30 from Messonghi
The race registration will be open from 15/10/2019 strictly until 14/4/2020 and can be done on-line on the official web site of the race. www.corfumountaintrail.com
The athletes will be able to get information for their accommodation on the web site of the MESSOGHI BEACH HOLIDAY RESORT www.messonghibeach.gr.
Details regarding to the race and services will be announced on the official web site of the race continuously. www.corfumountaintrail.com